Chipboard with integrated underfloor heating
The new profi-chip heating board features the ability to cut the board in 4 places, giving matching connections to other panels. This allows panels to be cut and for the cut ends to start the next row (min 600mm)
Panels are the standard chipboard size of 2400mm x 600mm. Profi-chip uses 12mm Pex pipe.
We offer fully designed heating and ventilation systems for todays new and refurbished homes.
Get a free quotation for underfloor heating, ventilation or both.
Installing this system:
Panels are installed onto floor joists or battens, and the tongue and grooved edges are glued to the adjoining panels, as well as to the joists. Panels are also screwed into the joists. 12mm Frankische pipe is then fitted, following the pipe layout drawing supplied with the system.
6mm plywood is bonded to the top surface after pipe installation, forming a ridged structural floor.
Floor coverings are installed directly on top of the 6mm ply.
Suitable Floor Coverings
- Tile (over 18 or 22mm plywood fitted directly to the joists
- Carpets with 1.5 tog or lower
- Structural timber (18-25mm)
This system can be designed with the following average pipe spacing’s.
- 150mm (for 300mm joist / batten spacings)
- 200mm (for 400mm joist / batten spacings)
- 300mm (for 600mm joist / batten spacings)
The following items are included in this system:
- Underfloor heating manifold – pre-assembled
- galvanised pipe clips – 450mm
- Aluminium sheet to cover the heating area
- Pipe clips
- Thermostats for each room
- System control box
- CAD pipework drawing
- Electrical wiring guide – first fix
- Electrical wiring guide – second fix
- Installation manual
- Telephone and email support