Profi-mix | underfloor heating for heat pumps
Profi-mix allows a joist or batten floor to be heated by a low temperature heat pump. Heat is stored in the dry screed layer, requiring water at just 40°C
The Profi-mix system allows a suspended or batten floor to be heated from a very low heat source. Using 30-35mm of dry screed, the system will build up and hold heat. It also allows closer pipe spacing’s if required to meet the heating demand of the rooms.
We offer fully designed heating and ventilation systems for todays new and refurbished homes.
Get a free quotation for underfloor heating, ventilation or both.
Installing this system:
Install battens along joists to support 12mm OSB, which should leave a gap of 85mm to the tops of the joists. install 50mm rigid insulation.
Pipework is installed onto the insulation, following the CAD pipe layout diagram (provided). The pipes are then covered with a dry mix of sand and cement, to provide a thermal mass to hold and conduct the heat through the floor above.
Structural floorboards (eg Oak planking) can be installed directly to the joists. Otherwise, a structural floor deck (typically 18-22mm chipboard, or suitable screedboard, is installed onto the floor joists, with carpet or tiles above.
Suitable Floor Coverings
- Tile (over 18 or 22mm plywood fitted directly to the joists/battens)
- Carpets with 1.5 tog or lower
- Structural timber (18-25mm)
This system can be designed with the following average pipe spacing’s.
- 150mm (for 300mm joist / batten spacings)
- 200mm (for 400mm joist / batten spacings)
- 300mm (for 600mm joist / batten spacings)
The following items are included in this system:
- Underfloor heating manifold – pre-assembled
- Pipe staples
- Pipe fittings
- Thermostats for each room
- System control box
- CAD pipework drawing
- Electrical wiring guide – first fix
- Electrical wiring guide – second fix
- Installation manual
- Telephone and email support